Likely constructed by Francesco I de’ Medici, the second Grand Duke of Tuscany in 1586, Villa Ortaglia is an exquisite example of a Medici villa. Originally built as a summer holiday home for the duke’s lover, the property is set in the highly sought after surroundings of Pratolino, located just 13 km from central Florence. Today, Villa Ortaglia’s vineyards and surrounding gardens offer a tranquil and luxurious haven to guests.
Carefully landscaped with close care, each acre offers a rich and lush selection of flowers, olive trees, vines and fruit. From the property’s idyllic stone terrace, you are met with fabulous views of the Florence hills that will captivate and beguile you. It’s no secret that local nobility frequents the area, and it is easy to see why. There is no place on earth quite like the surroundings of Pratolino.
A magnificent villa that has been recently refurbished to the very highest standards, Villa Ortaglia also boasts a 84 acres of beautiful private land and 27 acres of lush vineyards.
Inside, Villa Ortaglia offers a welcoming living area, dining room, kitchen with outdoor access, music room and a library room. The villa has 6 bedrooms, which are spacious enough to comfortably accommodate 12 guests.
Combining country style with beautiful cultural tradition, Villa Ortaglia is perfectly suited to both private guests and event parties.
- Recently refurbished to the highest standards, set in the beautiful surroundings of Pratolino
- Convenient location, 12km from central Florence
- Secluded setting with breathtaking panoramic views of the Florence hills, framed by a picturesque landscaped garden
- Comfortably accommodates up to 12 guests in 6 bedrooms
- Spacious enough to welcome up to 40 attendees(seated) and 60 attendees(standing) for an unforgettable event
- Generously-sized living area, dining room, music room and library room. Villa Ortaglia also offers a kitchen with practical outdoor access